Latest Richard Horton Stories
WASHINGTON -- Government questions about "basic data integrity" derailed publication of a report raising safety concerns about arthritis drug Vioxx on the eve of a contentious congressional hearing, according to an e-mail exchange. Without a clear agency go-ahead, Food and Drug Administration safety reviewer David Graham withdrew the paper from consideration for publication in The Lancet medical journal. The paper said high doses of Vioxx tripled the risk of heart problems compared with a...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.