Latest Rick Rashid Stories
Rebecca Darrah for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online Microsoft unveiled a new translation technology this week that converts spoken English into spoken Chinese nearly instantaneously. The system then pumps the translation through speakers in the user's own voice, preserving both the intonation and cadence. The technology is based on a new technique known as Deep Neural Networks (DNN), which uses human brain behavior to develop enhanced speech recognizers. This differs from...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.