Latest Rift Valley lakes Stories
A new study published in the journal Nature Geoscience is suggesting that the human species may have taken much longer to evolve thanks to plate tectonics that changed Africa´s landscape millions of years before experts previously believed. Scientists from James Cook University, Ohio University, and Michigan State University said their findings show evidence that a major tectonic event occurred in East Africa as far back as 25 - 30 million years ago, reshaping large rivers such as the...
Lake Tanganyika, the second oldest and the second-deepest lake in the world, could be in for some rough waters. Geologists led by Brown University have determined the east African rift lake has experienced unprecedented warming during the last century, and its surface waters are the warmest on record. That finding is important, the scientists write in the journal Nature Geoscience, because the warm surface waters likely will affect fish stocks upon which millions of people in the region...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.