Latest Rigi Stories
Online publication continues its reign as the InternetÃ¢s number 1 resource for first-time, recreational and competitive snowshoers Denver, CO (PRWEB) November 01, 2011 SnowshoeMagazine.com, the sole e-magazine focused on the worldwide sport of snowshoeing, launched an all-new website Ã¢“ its fifth iteration in its eight-year history. Since launching in late 2003, Snowshoe Magazine has continued its mission to introduce snowshoeing to a mainstream audience,...
LONDON (Reuters) - An 1842 watercolor by JMW Turner could well set a saleroom record when it goes under the hammer in June, auctioneers Christie's said on Wednesday. The Blue Rigi: Lake of Lucerne is expected to fetch more than two million pounds ($3.47 million), putting it on target to beat the current record for a Turner watercolor on paper of 2.04 million pounds set in 2001 by Heidelberg with a Rainbow. It is also within striking distance of the world record for a British work of...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.