Big Bend National Park is located in the United States in the state of Texas. This park was first established in 1933 as a Texas State Park known as Texas Canyons State Park, but was later renamed Big Bend State Park. The park attained National status in 1935 when the U.S. Congress passed legislature to acquire the park. The park was completed and opened in 1944. The history of human presence in the Big Bend area dates back to prehistoric times, when several Indian tribes inhabited the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.