Latest River Great Ouse Stories
A British store said a mother duck built her nest in its back yard and led her ducklings on a march through the shop, across a street and into a river. Workers at the Kidney Research U.K. charity store in St. Ives, England, said the mother duck has been building her nest atop a wall in the store's back yard since it opened seven years ago, The Daily Telegraph reported Wednesday. Shop manager Carol Andrews said she had a ramp installed to allow the mother and her ducklings to climb from the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.