Latest RMS Titanic Stories
RMS Titanic set sail on April 10, 1912 for her maiden voyage from Southampton, England to New York City, NY. Just four days later on April 14, 1912 the fate of the ocean liner was sealed when it struck an iceberg at 11:40 p.m. in the North Atlantic. The following morning, April 15 at 2:20 a.m., the ship sunk to the bottom of the Atlantic ocean, killing 1,517 of the 2,223 passengers aboard. Now, nearly a hundred years later, scientists are revealing never-before-seen images of the largest...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.