Latest Robert Cabana Stories
Student winners focus on how to make the world a better, safer place. Wilmington, Del. (PRWEB) May 07, 2014 Today DuPont announced the winners and honorable mentions of The 2014 DuPont Challenge Science Essay Competition. Out of the nearly 10,000 science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) essays submitted by middle and high school students from across the United States and Canada, six winners were chosen for their excellence in research and writing. Winning students and their...
NASA announced Tuesday that William Parsons, director of the John F. Kennedy Space Center in Florida, is leaving the agency in mid-October to pursue opportunities in the private sector. Parsons will be succeeded by former astronaut Robert Cabana, currently director of NASA's John C. Stennis Space Center in Mississippi. Gene Goldman, Stennis' deputy director, will become the acting center director. Parsons, who joined NASA in 1990, also has served as director of Stennis. His other NASA...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.