Latest Robert Howarth Stories
Two groups of prominent researchers at Cornell University have made conflicting findings regarding the environmental effects of the natural gas extraction technique known as fracking, and they´re duking it out on the pages of the scientific journal Climatic Change, according to a recent Associated Press report. The debate revolves around a study published last April that attempted to estimate the amount of greenhouse compounds released into the atmosphere when fracking for natural gas...
New study demonstrates that shale gas is not the planet-friendly gas it is thought to be Natural gas extracted from shale formations has a greater greenhouse gas footprint - in the form of methane emissions - than conventional gas, oil and coal over a 20 year period. This calls into question the logic of its use as a climate-friendly alternative to fossil fuels, according to Robert Howarth and colleagues, from Cornell University in New York. Their work is published online in Springer's...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.