Latest Robert J. Birgeneau Stories
The University of Tokyo and the University of California, Berkeley, formalized an agreement Dec. 17 to encourage research and educational exchanges between the campuses, which are considered to be among the top public universities in the world. The agreement was signed by UC Berkeley Chancellor Robert Birgeneau during a meeting with delegates from the Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science, which will fund the exchanges. University of Tokyo (UT) President Jun'ichi Hamada signed the...
University of California representatives are presenting to state government officials newly revised plans for housing the Helios research initiatives that will explore promising new solar-energy technologies.The previous plan to house the Helios effort called for a single, consolidated facility on UC-owned land at the LBNL site. The new proposal calls for the Helios research endeavors to be housed in two physically separate and independent buildings: one in downtown Berkeley and a smaller...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.