Latest Robert Shepherd Stories
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online The science fiction story of Isaac Asimov´s I, Robot is coming one step closer to science fact, as Harvard researchers create soft robots that can jump. Researchers at Harvard University designed a soft robot that can leap up to a foot in the air, which is a feat that one day could help the future companions avoid objects, or run from people. “Initially, our soft robot systems used pneumatic pressure to...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.