Latest Roberto Salguero-Gómez Stories
Some plants in arid regions benefit from climate change Dryland ecosystems cover 41% of the Earth´s land surface. These ecosystems are highly vulnerable to global environmental change and desertification. But climate change seems to have a positive impact on some plants. A study involving the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research in Rostock has come to this conclusion. Using demographic methods, ecologist Roberto Salguero-GÃ³mez investigates desert plants to...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.