Latest Rocket Racing League Stories
NEW YORK, Oct. 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Space took a giant leap closer to earth today, following the launch of a new joint venture between Rocket Racing, Inc. (RRI), Armadillo Aerospace and the government of New Mexico. With a goal of sending adventurers into suborbital space with a target price of $100,000 per ticket or less, the three companies unveiled plans to field a fleet of reusable Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) vehicles (RLV) that will take flight from Spaceport America near Las...
GOLDEN, Colo. — XCOR Aerospace of Mojave, Calif. unveiled plans today for a new entry in the suborbital spaceship business — a rocket-powered space plane to be known as the Lynx. The Lynx is being designed to carry a pilot and a passenger or payload on flights into suborbital space. Company officials are eyeing 2010 as the date for the inaugural launch of the vehicle. Lynx is roughly the size of a small private airplane. It would be capable of flying several times a day making...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.