Latest RockResorts Stories
- Team Herda earns Gold Medal and top charitable donation from Vail Resorts for SungateKids LITTLETON, Colo., April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- tw telecom inc. (NASDAQ: TWTC), a Douglas County-based national provider of voice, Internet and data networking solutions for businesses in Colorado and across the U.S., won the Gold Medal and a $100,000 donation from Vail Resorts for SungateKids, as part of the 2013-2014 Vail Ski Challenge. SungateKids is a Denver area-based non-profit children's...
BROOMFIELD, Colo., Jan. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN) today reported certain ski season metrics for the comparative periods from the beginning of the ski season through January 5, 2014, and for the prior year period through January 6, 2013, adjusted as if Canyons was owned in both periods. The reported ski season metrics do not incorporate the urban ski areas of Afton Alps and Mt. Brighton. The data mentioned in this release is interim period data and subject to...
BEAVER CREEK, Colo., Jan. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Beaver Creek Resort announced that it intends to replace the existing Centennial Express Lift (Chair 6) with a new high-speed, state-of-the-art combination lift. The new lift will increase uphill capacity by 35 percent through the use of alternating gondola cabins and six-person chairs. The new lift is expected to be in place for the 2014-2015 ski and snowboard season, and the 2015 World Alpine Ski Championships. On Dec. 9, 2013, the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.