Ronald A. Parise Reference Libraries
Discovery launched from Kennedy Space Center on February 3, 1995 at 12:22 AM EST and landed at Kennedy on February 11 at 6:50 AM EST. The shuttle orbited 129 times at an altitude of 213 nautical miles at an inclination of 51.6 degrees and travelled 3 million miles. The mission lasted 8 days, 6 hours, 28 minutes, and 15 seconds. The first shuttle flight of 1995 included several historical...
Columbia launched from Kennedy Space Center on December 2, 1990 at 1:49 AM EST and landed at Edwards AFB on December 10 at 9:54 PM PST. The shuttle orbited 144 times at an altitude of 190 nautical miles at an inclination of 28.45 degrees and travelled 3.7 million miles. The mission lasted 8 days, 23 hours, 5 minutes, and 8 seconds. The primary objectives were round-the-clock observations of...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.