Latest Roots of Change Stories
California Food Policy Council and Roots of Change push elected officials for food systems reform OAKLAND, Calif., Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A report released today by Roots of Change and the California Food Policy Council (CAFPC) for the first time tracks food and farm policy voting records by the California Legislature. The 2013 CA Legislative Report Related to Food and Farming brings to light how the Golden State's legislature is missing a golden opportunity:...
By J.M. Hirsch Associated Press SAN FRANCISCO -- A lush, under-the-stars spread of handmade bread, gourmet olives and fine wine makes an unlikely launch for a weekend dedicated to ending hunger, empowering poor nations and transforming farming as we know it. Welcome to Slow Food Nation, epicenter of the split personality that is America's burgeoning foodie reform movement. Some 30,000 people were expected to gather for this Labor Day weekend festival that is one part gourmet nibbles,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.