Latest Rose Hemenway Stories
By Sarah Bryan Miller, St. Louis Post-Dispatch Jul. 22--By the time he was a junior at St. Louis University High School, Zach Hemenway knew what he wanted to do with his life. "I loved playing the organ, I loved choral music," he said. "And I loved the idea of doing that as a full-time job." Now 24, with a master's degree in organ performance from Yale University, Hemenway is ready to begin a prestigious full-time job. In the fall, Hemenway, of Sunset Hills, will become director of...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.