Latest Rose Hemenway Stories
By Sarah Bryan Miller, St. Louis Post-Dispatch Jul. 22--By the time he was a junior at St. Louis University High School, Zach Hemenway knew what he wanted to do with his life. "I loved playing the organ, I loved choral music," he said. "And I loved the idea of doing that as a full-time job." Now 24, with a master's degree in organ performance from Yale University, Hemenway is ready to begin a prestigious full-time job. In the fall, Hemenway, of Sunset Hills, will become director of...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.