Latest RR Auction Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online The joystick used by Apollo 15 commander David Scott sold for more than $600,000 as part of an online auction featuring artifacts from the 1960s and 1970s NASA spaceflight program. The device, which is actually a spring-loaded rotational hand controller that comes complete with attached cables, was purchased for the sum of $610,063 – apparently setting a new record for the highest amount ever paid for a space travel-related...
Memento from the First Manned Lunar Landing Grabs More Than $47,000 Amherst, NH (Vocus/PRWEB) January 22, 2011 A small flag that was flown aboard Apollo 11 was auctioned last night for $47,652, a new record for a flag from that mission, according to Amherst, NH-based auction house RR Auction. The space souvenir was signed by Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins, and accompanied Armstrong and Aldrin to the moon's surface in July 1969. A commemorative silver...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.