Latest Ruth Curry Stories
Researchers from the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution spent last month trying to determine if warmer oceanic waters were seeping into the regions surrounding Greenland. Ruth Curry and a team of researchers based their study on the observation that glaciers have started to flow faster than normal throughout the past decade. This observation led them to believe that warmer, subtropical waters were to blame. In 2005, scientists noticed that Greenland's Helheim Glacier had nearly doubled in...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.