S-type asteroids Reference Libraries
Dactyl Asteroid -- Dactyl, discovered in 1993, is a tiny asteroid (diameter 1.4 km) that orbits asteroid 243 Ida. The origins of Dactyl are unclear. The two main theories are that it and Ida formed at the same time, and that it was knocked loose by a later impact. Both have problems. Dactyl, found by the Galileo probe was the first asteroid moon discovered. ----- NASA...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.