Latest Salina micropolitan area Stories
By Michael Strand, The Salina Journal, Kan. Jul. 30--Two people did come to Tuesday's special meeting of the Salina School Board with questions about the proposed budget for the 2008-09 school year, and they appeared to be satisfied with the answers they got from district staff. The proposed budget includes a property tax increase of 3.6 mills, enough to add about $41 in taxes to a $100,000 home. Most of that increase is from a 2-mill increase in the district's capital outlay...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.