Latest Salt therapy Stories
By Gene Emery BOSTON (Reuters) - Mists of inhaled salt water can reduce the pus and infection that fills the airways of cystic fibrosis sufferers, although side effects include a nasty coughing fit and a harsh taste. That's the conclusion of two studies published in The New England Journal of Medicine and released on Wednesday. They found that inhaling a mist with a salt content of 7 or 9 percent improved lung function and, in some cases, produced less absenteeism from school or...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.