Latest Sam's Choice Stories
A study released Wednesday by an environmental advocacy group said tests on leading brands of bottled water turned up a variety of contaminants often found in tap water. The researchers say these findings challenge the popular impression - and marketing pitch - that bottled water is purer than tap water. However, all the brands met federal health standards for drinking water. The study said two violated a California state standard. An industry group Joe Doss, president of the International...
BENTONVILLE, Ark., April 1, 2008 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Wal-Mart today announced another first -- the launch of six coffees under its exclusive Sam's Choice brand. The new coffees offer shoppers the opportunity to purchase gourmet coffee at a great value while providing benefits to farmers, their communities and the environment. Bolstering Wal-Mart's ongoing commitment to environmental issues, these first Sam's Choice brand coffees hit store shelves in April at $5.88 for 10-12 oz. bags...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.