Latest San Francisco Bay Stories
Brett Smith for RedOrbit.com San Franciscans culminated the anniversary celebration of the Golden Gate Bridge Sunday night the way we typically celebrate 75-year-olds, with a cascading fireworks display and a barrage of air guitar-ready riffs. Thousands of people flocked to the American icon to mark the diamond anniversary and take part in the celebration, which included a 20-minute pyrotechnics display and musical montage. The weekend-long celebrations kicked off on Friday with a...
Study examines impact of 2007 Cosco Busan oil spill in San Francisco Bay In a study published today in the scientific journal PNAS, NOAA scientists and their collaborators reported Pacific herring embryos in shallow waters died in unexpectedly high numbers following an oil spill in San Francisco Bay, and suggest an interaction between sunlight and the chemicals in oil might be responsible. In November 2007, the container ship Cosco Busan released 54,000 gallons of bunker fuel, a...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.