Latest San Leandro Hospital Stories
By Karen Holzmeister By Karen Holzmeister SAN LEANDRO -- San Leandro Hospital's days as a community-owned facility -- providing short-term patient care, surgeries and an emergency room -- may be coming to an end. A scenario is unfolding in which Sutter Health affiliate Eden Medical Center of Castro Valley may buy the 122-bed San Leandro Hospital for little or no cash over the next two years. Eden could leave San Leandro Hospital as a full-service hospital, scale back its operations or...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.