Latest Sankuru River Stories
KINSHASA (Reuters) - Congo's opposition said 24 people werekilled on Thursday in a series of protests across the vastcentral African nation where thousands marched to demand thegovernment quit because of delayed elections. "Ten people died at the hands of the police in Kinshasa,eight died in Mbuji Mayi and six more in Tshikapa," saidJean-Baptiste Bomanza, a spokesman for the Union for Democracyand Social Progress (UDPS), a main opposition party. It was not immediately possible to verify...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.