Latest Santa Clara, Cuba Stories
The Santa Clara Sporting youth soccer club raised and donated $100,000 in their Goals for a Cure campaign to raise awarness and funds to fight breast cancer. Santa Clara Sporting donates the funds to El Camino Hospital to provided women with financial need a free mammogram. Santa Clara Sporting started Goals for a Cure in 2008, after two soccer moms got breast cancer and one died from the disease. It became clear to the soccer players that early detection of breast cancer is crucial to...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.