Latest Sara Gallagher Orvis Stories
John Watson, president and CEO of conservation real estate company Orvis/Cushman & Wakefield, wanted to find the perfect stewardship buyer for the 2,864-acre Palo Duro Canyon Ranch. It wasn't just any property. It was situated along the rim of the state-owned "Grand Canyon of Texas," and adjacent to Palo Duro Canyon State Park -- with unlimited sporting and recreational opportunities. The sale of the ranch (locally known as Fortress Cliffs Ranch) to The Trust for Public Land (TPL), a...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.