Latest Saxilby Stories
Recently along with my neighbours I received a letter from the county council highways department saying that it was going to remove six trees from the verge outside our houses. Most of the trees were healthy and there is a dense, varied tree canopy with winter fruit that is loved by wildlife. Removing six trees would have opened up the canopy into islands and removed most of the fruiting trees. The area would have been totally changed and it is doubtful wildlife would have been...
A dramatic search operation continued into last night after a man was swept away in a river. The 40-year-old fell into the River Trent close to Dunham Bridge, near Saxilby, after attempting to free his boat from a mud bank. The man's father -- ho was also on the boat - threw a life belt into the water but was unable to rescue his son as he disappeared from view. Emergency services from Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire - including police, fire and rescue and air ambulances - were...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.