Latest Sayre Fire Stories
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Mark Robert Halper, the famous Los Angeles portrait photographer, plans to set up shop and take photos on December 13, 2008 of the families who are victims of the Sayre fire. The shoot is complimentary for those affected by the fire. Best known for his portraits of celebrities and captains of industry, Halper will be turning his talent and his lens to help those affected by the devastating fires. See studiomark.com. Halper has committed...
By Tony Castro, Susan Abram; Connie Llanos Two Santa Ana-wind- driven fires on opposite ends of the San Fernando Valley raged out of control Monday night, destroying dozens of homes, forcing the evacuation of thousands of people and threatening to charge all the way to the ocean. At least two deaths were blamed on the two blazes, which some 800 firefighters were battling on steep canyon hillsides from the Northeast Valley to Rocky Peak. "It's like hell with the top off," said Sylmar...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.