Latest Scorpion sting Stories
Connie K. Ho for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online A woman in Arizona was recently charged a hefty fee after treatment for a sting from a scorpion, adding scrutiny to the debate on the cost of health care in the U.S. In particular, Marcie Edmonds stated that she received a medical bill for over $83,000 from the Chandler Regional Medical Center. According to the Huffington Post, the bill included two doses of anti-venom that cost almost $40,000 for each dose. Humana,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.