Latest Scott V. Masten Stories
Tougher state laws that have placed restrictions on teenage driving, requiring them to “graduate” from an intermediate license to a full license have seemed to prevent fatal crashes involving teens, but only among the youngest drivers, according to a study in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA). The study showed that restricting nighttime driving and number of passengers in a car were associated with a lower incidence of fatal crashes among...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.