Sea of Okhotsk Reference Libraries
The Steller's Sea Eagle (Haliaeetus pelagicus) is a large bird of prey in the family Accipitridae. This bird can be foiund on the Kamchatka peninsula, the coastal area around the Sea of Okhotsk, the lower reaches of the Amur River and on northern Sakhalin and Shantar, Russia. The majority migrate further south in winter to the southern Kuril islands and Hokkaido, Japan. This species is...
The Crested Auklet is a small seabird of the family Alcidae which nests in huge colonies (greater than 1 million individuals) in the Bering Sea and Sea of Okhotsk. They often breed in mixed-species colonies with Least Auklets, their smaller relative. The Crested Auklet can be recognized by two characteristics during the breeding season. The first is its 'crest', a group of bristle feathers...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.