Seattle Reference Libraries
The California current runs north to south along the West Coast of the United States. This current has huge impacts on the weather along the west coast. Along California this current is responsible for extensive Marine Fog layers every day during the summer, especially when the land is warmer than the waters along the coast. Also in the California area this current keeps the coastal cities...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.