Latest Second Happy Time Stories
By MAGGIE FITZROY Horrified Jacksonville Beach tourists witness fiery explosions out at sea. A German U-boat steams south along the Beaches coast to elude capture by the U.S. Navy. After rowing ashore, four Nazi agents creep along a dark beach in Ponte Vedra Beach and bury boxes of explosives in the sand. History buffs packed the Beaches Museum and History Center Thursday night to hear University of Florida history professor Michael Gannon tell tales of World War II activities at the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.