Latest Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation Stories
The Obama administration urged Congress on Wednesday to approve new legislation to protect the personal data of Internet users. The move represents a tightened stance from last year's call for voluntary codes of conduct for advertisers and data companies. During a hearing on online privacy held by the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, Assistant Commerce Secretary Lawrence Strickling called for a "consumer privacy bill of rights" that would regulate the collection...
According to a report released on Thursday by a U.S. Senate panel, some of the largest U.S. health insurers are changing their accounting practices to book administrative costs as medical costs to try to circumvent new industry reforms. The new healthcare law that passed in March requires insurers to adjust their spending habits to meet new requirements. Large group plans must spend at least 85 cents of every premium dollar paid to them on actual medical care instead of administrative...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.