Latest Sergei Ignatyev Stories
The chairman of Russia's Central Bank, Sergei Ignatyev, said banks in Russia are ready to comply with the prime minister's orders to increase lending. The outside crisis factors that were the thrusts, as it were, for our economic crisis are not active any more, Ignatyev said during a meeting with Prime Minister Vladimir Putin. The oil price is normal and the capital outflow ... steeply decreased. A lot depends on us now, he said. Earlier this week, Putin told bank chiefs from five...
The Central Bank of Russia said inflation in the first quarter of 2009 hit 5.3 percent and predicted an annual drop to less than the 2008 rate of 13.3 percent. Bank Chairman Sergei Ignatyev said a weaker ruble had pushed inflation higher, but the ruble's fall ended in January, RIA Novosti reported Friday. Further, an absolute break in the ruble supply in the past few months and the consistently low level of global food, energy and commodity prices, would continue to slow inflation, he said....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.