Latest Sergey Shapkhayev Stories
Ecologists say the stark beauty of the world's deepest and oldest lake is under threat because it lies downstream from a rich source of zinc. Debate has ensued over the resource-rich nation, pitting industrialists and job-hungry officials in Siberia against ecologists and government agencies in Moscow. The Kholodninskoye deposit, which sits in a watershed flowing straight into Baikal, is the planet's third largest lead and zinc field, experts say. Zinc is used in the production of galvanized...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.