Latest Sergio Chiamparino Stories
By Jane Barrett TURIN (Reuters) - Before the Winter Olympics, most of Turin griped about the Games -- the traffic chaos while a new subway was built, the dust from building sites, the sense that those millions would be better spent on them than on sport. By the time the skating and skiing ended, however, many had been won over by the Olympic spirit and hoped that 16 days in the international spotlight would translate into great things for a depressed city. For the last century,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.