Latest Serine hydrolase Stories
SAN DIEGO and PRINCETON, N.J., Feb. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Abide Therapeutics today announced it has entered into a strategic collaboration with Celgene Corporation to discover and develop new drugs in inflammation and immunology. Abide has pioneered innovative technologies to selectively target serine hydrolases, one of the largest enzyme families involved in regulating human physiology. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130502/LA06084LOGO) Under the terms of the...
Scientists from The Scripps Research Institute have identified a class of compounds that could be a boon to basic research and drug discovery. In a new study, published online in Nature Chemical Biology on May 15, 2011, the researchers show the new compounds powerfully and selectively block the activity of a large and diverse group of enzymes known as "serine hydrolases." Previously discovered serine hydrolase-blocking compounds have been turned into drugs to treat obesity, diabetes, and...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.