Latest Seti I Stories
Egyptian archaeologists, who have been excavating an ancient secret tunnel for the past 3 years, believe it was meant to connect a 3,300-year-old pharaoh's tomb with a secret burial site, the antiquities department announced Wednesday. The Egyptian team, led by antiquities chief Zahi Hawass, had been searching for the tunnel for more than two decades, Faruq Hosni said in a statement. The 570-foot long tunnel in Pharaoh Seti I's tomb in southern Egypt's Valley of the Kings has taken Egyptian...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.