Shade Reference Libraries
The spectral bat (Vampyrum spectrum) is the only species in the Vampyrum genus. Its other common names include Linnaeus's false vampire bat, the spectral vampire bat, and the false vampire bat. Despite these names, it is not related to the false vampire bats that are found in the Old World bat family. Its range extends from southern Mexico to Peru, from Ecuador to northern and central Brazil,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.