Latest Shades of violet Stories
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Peacock feathers have a beautiful iridescence about them — a sheen that shifts colors depending on your perspective. Nature created this color shifting with relative ease, it seems, but it has been a nuisance for engineers trying to reproduce this unique color mechanism to make high-resolution, reflective color display screens. A new study from the University of Michigan reveals researchers have found a way to lock in so-called...
A Blue Rose is a flower of the genus Rosa belonging to the family Rosaceae that presents blue to violet pigmentation instead of the more common white, red, or yellow coloration. Blue roses are frequently portrayed in literature and art as a symbol of love and prosperity to those who seek it, but don’t exist in nature as a result of genetic limitations. In 2004, researchers utilized genetic modification to produce roses that contain the blue pigment delphinidin. After 13 years of...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.