Latest Sheffield Stories
Scientists at the University of Sheffield have discovered new ways to help detect and treat the debilitating brittle bone disease osteoporosis. According to a scientific study published today (Thursday 19 April 2012) in the European Journal of Human Genetics, women with a faulty gene have lower bone mass and lose nearly 10 times more bone than women who have a correct copy of a receptor for the energy molecule ATP- (the P2X7 receptor). Osteoporosis is a devastating condition that...
Sheffield based SEO company IM3.co.uk have been chosen to spearhead the search engine optimisation (SEO) for new start-up Ant Social Media. With a launch date of 1st January 2012, the all new social media agency will provide SME's across the UK with social media management services. Sheffield, UK (PRWEB) November 23, 2011 Now managing over 100 UK based websites, IM3.co.uk is pleased to announce the addition of Ant Social Media to their client list. The Sheffield based SEO company have...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.