Latest Ship Stories
Commercial Workboat and Fishing Fleets Across North America Using Web-Based Boatracs BTConnect® to improve operations, safety and compliance. San Diego, California (PRWEB) May 02, 2013 Boatracs Inc., a leader in providing integrated satellite communications and software solutions to the maritime industry, announced today that over 2,000 vessels are now being managed with Boatracs BTConnect®, making it the most widely used vessel tracking and fleet management software in the U.S....
FC Business Intelligence says: With the high price of low sulphur diesel and increasingly aggressive Emissions control areas (ECAs) in US waters, shipping firms and gas giants are looking to LNG as the next step in the evolution of marine fuel. With operational cost savings of up to 50% according to studies and a superior environmental profile, the conversion of ships to gas is being driven by a tidal wave of interest. This will be explored at the LNG for Marine Transportation Conference...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.