Latest Shooting guards Stories
Guard Steve Nash has agreed to a two-year contract extension with the Phoenix Suns, The Arizona Republic reported Monday. The deal, which would keep Nash with the NBA club through the 2011-12 season, is for about $22 million, the newspaper said, citing Nash's agent.
Veteran Houston Rockets center Yao Ming has decided to undergo surgery on his fractured left foot and likely will miss the 2009-10 season, the team said Friday. The 7-foot-6 all-star suffered the injury during Houston's 89-70 Game 3 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in the Western Conference semifinals. After much thought and reflection, I have decided to have surgery on my left foot, Yao said in a statement on the team's Web site.
Guard Jannero Pargo is back in the NBA after a one-year hiatus in Europe.
The Los Angeles Clippers have signed Oklahoma forward Blake Griffin, the No.
Duke men's hoops coach Mike Krzyzewski likely will coach Team USA at the 2012 London Olympics, sources say. The 2012 squad could include NBA stars Kobe Bryant and LeBron James. The unnamed sources told the Boston Globe an announcement is expected July 21 in Las Vegas before a minicamp for national team
Veteran Dallas Mavericks point guard Jason Kidd will stick with the NBA club for three more years, The Dallas Morning News reported Monday. The 36-year-old free agent reportedly had been considering moving on, with the New York Knicks said to be in contention for his services. Team owner Mark Cuban said the contract will be worth more than $25 million, the Morning News said. The Mavericks went 50-32 in Kidd's first full season with the team since being acquired from the New Jersey Nets.
Guard-forward Terrence Williams has signed a contract with the New Jersey Nets, who picked him in the first round of the 2009 NBA draft, the club said Monday. The Nets did not reveal how much they are paying or how long a deal they reached with Williams, who was the 11th player chosen in the draft. Williams was signed out of the University of Louisville where he was a third team All-American.
The Oregonian newspaper reported Friday that forward Hedo Turkoglu, who earlier in the day appeared headed to Portland, had broken off talks with the team. Turkoglu, 30, has spent the last five seasons with Orlando, but last week opted out of the final year of a contract that would have paid him $7.3 million. There were reports Friday that Turkoglu had agreed to a five-year, $50 million contract with the Trail Blazers.
Free agent Orlando Magic forward Hedo Turkoglu found a new home Friday by agreeing to a five-year, $50 million contract with the Portland Trailblazers. The 30-year-old, 6-foot-10 inch Turkoglu averaged 16.8 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.9 assists in 77 games last season while helping Orlando qualify for its second ever trip to the NBA Finals, where the Magic lost in five games to the Los Angeles Lakers. He became expendable June 25, when the Magic acquired forward Vince Carter from the New...
Free agent forward Trevor Ariza of the LA Lakers has signed a contract with the Rockets, swapping places with forward Ron Artest, the Houston Chronicle said. The newspaper reported being told by an undisclosed source the 6-foot-8 Ariza, 24, signed a five-year, $33 million deal late Thursday. The 6-foot-7 inch Artest, 29, had told ESPN Thursday he has reached a verbal agreement with the Lakers and will play for the mid-level exception, roughly $18 million for three years. Artest added the...
- A volcanic mudflow.