Latest Shrapnel Stories
Bioengineers at Duke University have developed a laboratory robot that can successfully locate tiny pieces of metal within flesh and guide a needle to its exact location -"“ all without the need for human assistance. The successful proof-of-feasibility experiments lead the researchers to believe that in the future, such a robot could not only help treat shrapnel injuries on the battlefield, but might also be used for such medical procedures as placing and removing radioactive "seeds"...
A class action lawsuit was initiated Wednesday in Toronto following a devastating weekend explosion of a propane storage depot. In a news release, two law firms named two men who live near the Sunrise Propane Energy Group site in the northwest of the city as the plaintiffs and encouraged other residents to join the suit online. Just before 4 a.m. Sunday, a fire at the Sunrise plant triggered massive explosions that were seen and felt miles away. One senior firefighter died of a heart...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.