Latest Shuttle Discovery Stories
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida (Reuters) - The U.S. space shuttle Discovery landed safely at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida on Monday, ending a 13-day mission that may signal NASA's full recovery from the 2003 Columbia disaster. Discovery and its six-member crew made a fiery re-entry into the Earth's atmosphere before gliding to a smooth landing at 9:14 a.m. (1314 GMT). The landing brought a successful end to the U.S. space agency's second shuttle mission since Columbia, Discovery's...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.