Latest Silt Stories
By Lisa Vernon-Sparks; David E Chopy COVENTRY -- Developer Nicholas E. Cambio has signed an agreement with the state to prevent the erosion of soil from his Centre of New England business park into neighboring lakes and wetlands. Under the agreement signed Sept. 11, Cambio must pay the Department of Environment $103,000 in fines and place $225,000 in escrow to perform drainage and other work to protect the abutting properties. The agreement lists a timetable for compliance in various...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.