Latest Silver City, New Mexico Stories
SANTA FE, N.M., April 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Next week, Silver City, New Mexico, gears up to celebrate the Silver Anniversary of the SRAM Tour of the Gila. Now in its 25th year, the cycling stage race, which began in 1987, is staking its claim as the nation's most historic, thanks to the dramatic backdrop on which the race itself is set. Running April 27-May 1, 2011, riders in the SRAM Tour of the Gila center their remarkable adventure in Silver City, New Mexico, near the birthplace of...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.